FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. I cannot attend a general meeting. What should I do?
ANSWER: Contact Guild Membership Chair Dr. Kate Leonard. If you need an excuse, she will contact Guild President Sasha Sealy to discuss any missed meeting issues.
2. I cannot attend a board meeting. What should I do?
ANSWER: Contact Guild President Sasha Sealy as early as possible.
3. Where do I send my dues? How much are they?
ANSWER: Send dues to Guild Membership Chair Kate Leonard. Dues are $50.00 for Active Members, $65.00 for Associate Members and $85.00 for Supporting Members.
4. I did not/cannot fulfill my Standing Committee obligation. What should I do?
ANSWER: Contact Guild President Sasha Sealy. She will find a guild activity for you to participate in to fulfill your duties.
5. I’m not receiving Guild communication via regular mail nor email. What should I do?
ANSWER: Contact Allison Sherrod, Communications Chair and Cheryl Matthews, Database Chair.
6. My contact information in the Yearbook is incorrect and needs to be changed. What should I do?
ANSWER: Contact Kathy McCool, Yearbook Chair, who will note the correction and disseminate to appropriate committee chairs.
7. I lost my yearbook. What should I do?
ANSWER: Contact Kathy McCool to request an electronic copy of the Yearbook.
8. I did not purchase a ticket to the Guild fundraiser. What should I do?
ANSWER: Contact Ina Wilson Smith, Guild Assist. Treasurer.
9. I need to report a Guild death/sickness/marriage/birth/other life event. What should I do?
ANSWER: Contact Guild President Sasha Sealy who will send an email to the Guild through Allison Sherrod, Communications Chair.
10. I am working with a vendor for a general Guild event or fundraiser. How do I handle record-keeping?
ANSWER: Note on all receipts and documentation what specific Guild event the transaction pertains to and include your name as the point of contact in case there are questions. Encourage vendors to send invoices directly to the Museum, which saves time and effort. Remember the Guild is a tax-exempt organization, and you will need to keep a copy of our tax exempt form handy for vendors’ records. Since we have accounts established with many local businesses, they generally have a record of our organization and tax exempt status in their system(s).
11. I wish to change my membership status. What should I do?
ANSWER: Contact Dr. Kate Leonard, Membership Chair.
12. I would like to change my membership status to Associate or Supporting. What should I do?
ANSWER: After five (5) years of active continuous service, a member may change her status to Associate Member. After ten (10) years of consecutive service as an Active or Associate member, a member may change her status to Supporting Member.
13. I have misplaced my magnetic name tag. What should I do?
ANSWER: Contact Dr. Kate Leonard, Membership Chair. The cost of replacing a lost name tag is $13.